Thursday, October 14, 2010

Entering the Dark Side...

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, Tales of a Man Whore has been on hiatus. Not due to any lack of activity from MW, but more due to the fact that there were other things that needed to be written, bigger things that needed to be accomplished. But now I have a task at hand.

Due to destiny or maybe sheer irony, I now turn to MW with my plan to (temporarily) enter the dark side. Over the months, MW has relayed the ways in which he keeps a girl on the hook; an unassuming, sometimes pathetic girl that adores him despite (maybe because of)his whorish ways. We all want what we cant have, right? He tells me he does want to be with her...just not right now. Then why, I ask him, does he continue to torture the poor girl by leading her to believe that his intentions are genuine? He wants her to be the bridge to the person he DOES want to be with. His answer: He doesn't want to be lonely. He. Doesn't. Want. To. Be. Lonely.

Get the fuck outta here.

So I told him as I often do that he is an asshole and maybe should try to find what he really DOES want and put this girl out of her misery. However, who knew that listening to this atrocity would come in handy as recently I found myself caught up in a rollercoaster of emotion with someone who ALSO does not want a relationship right now and when asked why he chooses to talk to other girls but still claims to want to be with me he too said: He doesn't want to be lonely.

No words can describe the proverbial lightbulb that went on in my dense, gullible head.

Was this a coincidence? I think not. I quickly passed this information onto MW and I imagined him shaking his head as he said to me, 'He must have a copy of the handbook.' This rollercoaster I've been on has been going on for longer than I'd like to admit, but with one haunting echo of a story that MW told his own clinger-on, I thought, that is not me.

There is no way in hell I'm going to let that be! And, yet I DID let it be me.

Gahhh...noooo...

Recovery.

Action must be taken. What to do? I can't ignore him. He'll notice and hound me, will try to instigate a fight, so that's out. I can't block all of his numbers or messages because by the power of every social media outlet and phone upgrade available, he would find a way. So with the inspiration of MW and the help of a friend, I devised the following:

1. Invite him over.
2. Have sex.
3. Thank him for the sex (assuming it will be good), say that I'm 'not ready for this friendship right now', guide him out. Close the door.
4. Delete. Him.

For-ev-er.

MW has assured me this plan will work. He says that it will kill rollercoaster's ego in the worst way. It will drive him crazy and soon he will find himself feeling the insecurity and frustration my pathetic ass has. I've tried the good girl way, as rollercoaster is convinced I am. He is right. I am a good girl. But I still make my own rules.

Not ready? Are you sure about that? Be careful what you wish for...

No comments:

Post a Comment