Sunday, May 23, 2010

You See What Man Whore Shows You

For someone who mainly uses Facebook to share my writing, I don't know the ins and outs of this social networking site. I barely know how to change my profile pic, much less change my status.

My relationship status doesn't show on my profile. I know there are several options to choose from though: single, in a relationship, it's complicated, etc. Then, you can choose if you want to choose who you're in a relationship with or not. BUT, little did I know that you can have different people see different relationship statuses of yours. Who knew?!?

Leave it to MW to educate me in the ways on how to be a social networking slut.

Say you are in a relationship with someone that you're only half feeling (that's the kind of relationships man whores get into) and that person wants you to solidify your feelings by updating your Facebook relationship status (as this is the true testament of a real relationship *dripping sarcasm, can ya tell?*),but you want others to believe you're still single, you just make your 'In a Relationship' status visible ONLY to the person you are semi-sorta-not really in a relationship with.

That way the person who you may or may not want to be in a relationship with will think that you ARE in relationship, because your Facebook says it, so it has to be true; meanwhile, the other person (people) you're talking to thinks you're single and fair game.

Wow.

If the games played nowadays are ones where you have to make sure your significant other sees what they want to PLUS make sure all their friends do too in case they check your page from THEIR page, PUH-LEASE...thank God that's for those young folks, because quite honestly it's a headache even thinking about that.

MW and I became friends a few years too late. Had I known all these tricks back then, maybe it would've saved some relationship craziness of my own. Then again, probably not because I'd still be under the impression that any guy of MINE would never do that, as I'm sure is the case with most women MW talks to.

Ladies, you KNOW when you're face to face with a man whore. Don't kid yourself. That unsettling feeling you get when he tells you something nice, that's not normal. When someone says something nice to you, you shouldn't be wondering who else he's saying that same thing to. And you definitely shouldn't be worried about something as trivial as FUCKING FACEBOOK!

When you find a MAN, not a man whore (God love him and his bad karma-ridden soul) you'll know the difference.

Until then, MW is still on the loose. You've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment